Dr. Hubbell has successfully helped thousands of acne patients over the past 24 years to eliminate acne and reduce scarring. He thoughtfully continues to research and recommend the most effective pharmaceuticals and topicals for maximum results. When necessary, Acne Surgery (medical extractions) can be performed for the relief of comedones (a widened hair follicle filled with skin debris, bacteria, and oil).
Acne affects most teenagers to some extent but is not restricted to any age group. The cause of acne is multi factorial and includes: genetics, hormones, excess oil production combined with plugged hair follicles and bacteria producing inflammation within the follicle.
Blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and even deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) can occur on almost any part of the body but is most common on the face, chest and back. While not a life threatening condition, acne is upsetting and disfiguring and can leave mild to severe scarring. For mild scarring MicroNeedling can provide improvement and for more severe scarring Fractional Lasers Resurfacing Treatments, DOT Therapy C02 Laser Skin Resurfacing or Facial Fillers will provide a dramatic difference in skin appearance. Dr. Hubbell will evaluate each perspective patient and recommend a customized treatment plan that is safe, effective and achieves your desired results.
The best plan is to prevent, correct and reduce the chances of scarring. Dr. Hubbell will design an acne treatment plan tailored to your skin needs. In addition to pharmaceuticals and topicals, there are product regimens and helpful medical spa treatments for maximum results, such as:
- Daily proper cleaning with one of our physician grade washes twice per day to remove dead skin cells and excess oil.
- Using a physician grade light-weight moisturizer that won’t clog your pores to combat dryness from prescriptions.
- Dermal Infusions (microdermabrasion) with extractions to gently reduce clogged pores, remove blackheads, bacteria and reduce oil production, inflammation of acne and dry skin created from prescriptions.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy (PDT) shuts down the sebaceous glands in the skin-a major part of the acne problem. This is a very safe alternative to strong prescription treatments.
- Chemical Peels can help to unclog those stubborn clogged pores.
- Mineral-based cosmetics contain added ingredients like silica, titanium dioxide, and zinc oxide, which both absorb oil and hide redness without irritating skin and causing pimples.